Wednesday 31 March 2010

Cheese I Ought Not To Have Bought

The above is a tentative working title for a prospective column about one of the most enduringly irritating aspects of my life. Almost every time I go to a supermarket, I convince myself that we're out of cheese and buy more. Usually, I am seduced by a 2 for £x offer or whatever, so I end up buying substantially more than my elfin girlfriend and I could possibly eat, and then when I get home I discover that there are two full shelves of cheese in the fridge already and that all the mice have killed themselves because the choice made them dizzy.

Think anyone would pick it up?

1 comment:

  1. It might be a hit. All those foodies out there could well lap it up. You know how people buy shedloads of cookbooks and then never use them, &c.

    Although, it may become a bit repetitive - post #343 "I bought too much cheese again. Bugger."

    Your conception of mice spoiled for choice made me genuinely laugh out loud. So you get a well-earned LOL from me.

    Wxx

    ReplyDelete